It’s common for homeowners to make a decision not to sell their home at this time of year — to wait until after the holidays. We understand! In a normal year when we’re able to visit with as many friends and family members as we want, travel wherever we want, etc., selling a home can be a distraction.
But their are many reasons why selling your home now — or keeping it on the market if it’s already for sale — is a smart choice. If you’re thinking about selling, consider these:
1. Buyers are active now. Mortgage rates are historically low, providing motivation for those who are ready to get more for their money over the life of their home loan. This year, buyers want to purchase homes for the holidays, and your house might be the perfect match.
2. Purchasers who look for homes during the holidays are serious ones, and they’re ready to buy.
3. You can restrict the showings in your house to days and times that are most convenient for you, or even select virtual options. You’ll remain in control, especially in today’s Tri-Cities sellers’ market.
4. Homes decorated for the holidays appeal to many buyers.
5. Today, there’s minimal competition for you as a seller. There just aren’t enough houses on the market to satisfy buyer demand, meaning sellers are in the driver’s seat. Over the past year, inventory in the Tri-Cities is lower than most of us have ever seen, making it the opportune time to sell your house.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop during the holidays. Buyers who have been searching throughout the fall and have been running into more and more bidding wars are still on the lookout. Your home may be the answer.
7. This season is the sweet spot for sellers, and the number of listings will increase after the holidays. In many parts of the country, more new construction will also be available for sale in 2021, which will lessen the demand for your house next year.
More than ever, this may be the year it makes the most sense to list your house during the holiday season. Get in touch with us today and let’s figure out if selling now is your best move.